Monday, August 11, 2014

Book Review: The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
5 stars
This story follows Percy Jackson, a 12 year old boy with dyslexia and ADHD. After a few monster attacks, Percy learns that he is a demigod, son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson. Percy then comes to Camp Half-Blood where demigods train and learn the skills of their godly parent. Percy soon learns that Zeus's master bolt has been stolen and he blames Percy. Along with his friends Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood, Percy has to get Zeus's master bolt back and clear his name.
I like this book because I have always loved Greek mythology and it puts a spin on the old myths. I
also like the sarcastic and funny Percy who can make a joke in the worst situation. The great thing about the plot is the there is a lot to build off of like the author did with the rest of the series. I think it;s interesting that he leaves you with a cliffhanger every time and makes you want to read more into the series.
 I dislike that the beginning was kind of slow. I think it should have had more detail on the characters right off the bat, but besides that there's not much more I dislike about this book.
I would recommend this book to both girls and boys for ages 11-14, who also like Greek mythology and action/adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment